JAMin with a POP3 account
POP3 account holders can still use the same messaging features as those with Exchange-enabled e-mail servers, however, this will be pull-based e-mail, meaning that the user will have to hit "Send/Receive" in order to download new messages, rather than them coming through automatically as with push-email. (which costs a fortune anyway!)
Below are instructions on how to set up a connection to a POP3 account using a i-mate JAMin. If you are using any other type of W5 Device it shouldn't be too dissimilar:
Before you start you will need the following information:
- your email address
- Your email account username & password
- Account type (ie POP3 or IMAP4)
- Incoming mail server address, outgoing mail server address & domain name. Your incoming/outgoing mail server address will probably look something like mail.provider.com.au.
- Go to: 'Start' / 'Messaging'
- Select 'Menu' from bottom right hand corner / 'Tools' / 'New Account...'
- Enter your email address, select 'Next'
- Wait for auto configuration to say 'Completed', slect 'Next'
- Enter your name as you want it displayed on your email. Also enter your username (usually this is your email address) and the password you normally use to log into your email; select 'save password'. Select 'Next'
- Select the account type (ie POP3) & a name for this account (eg Personal Email); Select 'Next'
- Enter your incoming & outgoing mail server addresses. I didn't enter in a domain.
- A popup will ask you if you want to download new email now.
Bob's your aunty! Too easy!